EMAC - Effective Management of Anaesthetic Crises
Time & Location
About The Event
Effective Management of Anaesthetic Crises (EMAC)
Course Code: EMAC 240518
Anaesthetists (Specialist, GP and non-specialist) & anaesthetic registrars.
- Must be in at least second year of accredited training in Anaesthetics.
- Completion of primary exam (if ANZCA trainee)
EMAC addresses clinical and non-clinical skills relevant to the effective management of anaesthetic emergencies.
- Understand medical error and adverse events.
- Undertake risk assessment, exercise judgement and formulate plans, which optimise patient safety.
- Respond rapidly in an emergency and apply systematic principles of emergency management.
- Develop competency in procedures including: direct and indirect intubation techniques; emergency surgical airway; cardiopulmonary resuscitation; cardioversion.
- Work effectively within a team and as a team leader.
The course is presented as five modules over 2.5 days:
Maximum 12 participants per course.
Sydney Clinical Skills & Simulation Centre
ANZCA: Equivalent to any two “Emergency Response” 2 modules (3hrs) & 2 CPD points per hour under knowledge & Skills” 15hrs
ACRRM: 2 points per hour (max 12) MOPS: 10 points
2.5 day course
(Thurs – Fri 0745 – 1700 hours, Sat 0745 - 1230)